Virtual Seminar Room https://meet.google.com/jap-stgv-rso (please login with your idUFSC, if requested)
THURSDAY, 22nd October, we will hold 2 seminars in a row:
- 18-19h: Plant diversity and its relationship with soil biota.
Speaker: Agron. Eng. Andre Steiner Vieira, PPG in Plant Genetic Resources – UFSC.
Paper that will be discussed: Yang, L., Maron, J.L. & Callaway, R.M. Inhibitory effects of soil biota are ameliorated by high plant diversity. Oecologia 179, 519–525 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00442-015-3351-1.
19-20h: Ecological succession in retreating glaciers in Antarctica.
Speaker: Fábio Leal Viana Bones, Postgraduate Program in Fungi, Algae and Plants – UFSC.
Paper that will be discussed: BOY, Jens et al. Successional patterns along soil development gradients formed by glacier retreat in the Maritime Antarctic, King George Island. Revista chilena de historia natural, v. 89, n. 1, p. 6, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40693-016-0056-8
Discussão Crítica em Inglês de Artigos Científicos RGV410038 (aberto a tod@s, inclusive participação avulsa – principal público alvo: interessad@s nas ciências ambientais, agrárias, biológicas e afins/interdisciplinares). Detalhes: https://leap.ufsc.br/disciplinas
Speaker: Sergio Acuña Ballesteros, Postgraduate Program in Agroecosystems-UFSC.
Paper that will be discussed: Nahed-Toral, J. et al. (2013) Feasibility of converting agrosilvopastoral systems of dairy cattle to the organic production model in southeastern Mexico. Journal of Cleaner Production 43 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.12.019
THURSDAY, 8th October, 18-19h:
Participatory knowledge construction and the capesino-to-campesino methodology in a case study with two groups of family farmers in Brazil
Speaker: Oliveiros Dias Jr., MSc Science and Technology Education
- Bezerra et al. (2018) Participatory construction in agroforestry systems in family farming: ways for the agroecological transition in Brazil. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems doi:10.1080/21683565.2018.1509167
- THURSDAY, 1st October, we will hold 2 seminars in a row:
- 18-19h: Green Deserts; an alternative to change them (Biodiversity conservation in tropical Voisin grazing)
Sergio Acuña Ballesteros (PGA-UFSC) will discuss the paper: Espinosa, P.O. et al. (2020) Floristic diversity and stocking rate in tropical dry forest secondary vegetation used for grazing. Global Ecology and Conservation 23 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gecco.2020.e01088
- 19-20h: Microbial communities for resource-efficient and stress-resistant agroecosystems
Eng. Agro. Andre Steiner Vieira (PPGRGV-UFSC) will discuss the paper: Toju et al. Core microbiomes for sustainable agroecosystems. Nature Plants 4, 247–257 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41477-018-0139-4
This THURSDAY, 24th September, 18-19h:
Speaker: Teresa Dias Nunes de Sena, Postgraduate Program in Nutrition – UFSC
Attached: announcement poster & paper that will be discussed:
- Koerber et al. 2017 Wholesome Nutrition: an example for a sustainable diet. Proc Nutr Soc doi:10.1017/S0029665116000616
THURSDAY, 17th September, 18-19h:
- Effects of Environmental Changes on Antarctic Biology
Speaker: Fábio Leal Viana Bones, Postgraduate Program in Fungi, Algae & Plants, UFSC
- Paper that will be discussed: Convey, Peter, and Lloyd S. Peck. “Antarctic environmental change and biological responses.” Science Advances (2019). DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aaz0888
THURSDAY, 10th September, 18h00:
Restoration through agroforestry:
Reconciling livelihoods with conservation in the semi-arid biomes of Brazil
Oliveiros Dias Jr., MSc Science and Technology EducationAttached: announcement poster & paper that will be discussed:
- Miccolis et al. (2017) Experimental Agriculture doi:10.1017/S0014479717000138
Interdisciplinary Science Seminars in English are OPEN TO EVERYONE, held EVERY THURSDAY 18-19h as part of the postgraduate course “Discussão Crítica em Inglês de Artigos Científicos”. Online transmission links of future seminars and discussions will be available here at: LEAP.UFSC.BR/SEMINARIOS
- Este seminário regular faz parte da matéria “Comunicação Científica Oral em Inglês” ministrada pelo Prof. Ilyas Siddique nos PPGs em Agroecossistemas e Recursos Genéticos Vegetais.